Mindfulness training programs have attained solid ground in many areas of life: personal development, work, health, education, leadership. In this short teacher training you will learn the basic skills of a mindfulness trainer.
This program is recognized by the Dutch associations of professional mindfulness teachers.
After completing this course, you've made extensive acquaintance with the basic skills of mindfulness trainer landscape: guiding practices, inquiry and education. In addition, you have developed in the embodiment of mindfulness. You understand structure and different ingredients of MBSR and other MBIs. You are able to work independently with elements of training in a private practice.
Seamleas Integration with the Teacher Training Advanced Program
This Foundation Program integrates seamlessly with the Advanced Program. Together they form a complete and integrated program. Therefore, we recommend to plan both modules as one. Of course it is possible to start with the Foundation Program and decide later upon continuation of your Teacher Training through the Advanced Program.
Download the information
Learning by doing
Learning by doing is the motto of this training. The curriculum is organized accordingly. It includes training to teach the exercises and practices of MBSR/MBCT, dialogue with the group (inquiry), presenting educational themes. Structure and elements of the MBSR/MBCT are worked through.
Content of the program
- structure and learning curve of the eight week mindfulness training MBSR
- guiding the meditations and practices of MBSR
- basic skills in inquiry
- yoga as a mindfulness practice
- the place of compassion and kindness in mindfulness
- experiencing mindful communication
- the main educational themes of MBSR, particularly stress education
- mindfulness as a key component for approaching life in a way that is more friendly and mild
- understanding of mindfulness training as an opportunity to transform suffering full patterns
- an understanding of what you bring to the group as a teacher and as a human being and of how as a mindfulness teacher you can take good care of yourself
Duration: two to four months
Study weight: 52 contact hours, 36 study hours
Offered by the training institute: workbook and CD set.
To purchase yourself:
- Mindfulness Basisboek, kennis, achtergrond en toepassing (€ 34,99), author Rob Brandsma (or, in consultation with the teacher team, a comparable book in English)
- The Mindfulness Teaching Guide: Essential Skills and Competencies for Teaching Mindfulness-Based Interventions (Dutch edition: Mindfulness Praktijkboek, vaardigheden voor trainers; author Rob Brandsma)
- Full Catastrophe Living, author Jon Kabat-Zinn, is assumed to be known.
Terms and conditions
Read the terms and condition
Complaints procedure of the Centrum voor Mindfulness, read here.
The foundational mindfulness teachers training is open to anyone who wants to be a mindfulness teacher and meets the following requirements:
- you followed a mindfulness training MBSR/MBCT as a participant*
- you have the motivation to mold your personal passion for mindfulness into professional trainer skills and attitudes
- you completed some form of higher education
- you have some experience in working with people in a field focused on personal development
- you have at least half a year of daily meditation practice (in the traditions Vipassana, Zen or Dzogchen)
* With a mindfulness training MBSR/MBCT we mean: a group training in the tradition of Kabat-Zinn (MBSR) and/or Segal et al (MBCT). Some characteristics: 8 weekly group sessions of at least 2.5 hours, daily homework load of at least half an hour, exercises and body exploration, yoga and sitting meditation, group discussion of training experiences (inquiry). The training is given by a mindfulness trainer who so itself has undergone full training (see definition of "full training": professional association VMBN, category 1).