Our working world has changed tremendously over the last 10 years, and now more intensely, through COVID-19. This shift to virtual and dispersed work has been accompanied by a profound realization of the humanness and interconnection of working life. This particular time of reflection has also shown us that underlying tensions are surfacing more clearly: climate change has not slowed down, social inequality is increasing as crisis responses add to it. We will need courage, resilience, compassion and clarity to navigate the coming challenges.
The New Reality Is Here To Stay: Observations
We may all long for a return to normal, but it becomes increasingly more likely that many of the emerging shifts are here to stay. We need to reassess our daily routines and habits, and that raises questions like:
- What mental and emotional habits can support and help nourishment, self-regulation and resilience?
- In what way can we cultivate trust and emotional safety in dispersed teams?
- How can we learn to shift our mindset to allow the advantages of virtual work to manifest?
- How can we shift to a more agile and adaptable mindset required in this continuously changing world?
Covid-19 has by its very nature changed the way we function. Many of our usual habits and working routines are not applicable anymore. This shifting environment will require a heightened sense of awareness and greater adaptability of our mind-body systems. We need the right tools and habits to support our own resilience and a healthy virtual working environment. While feeling nourished, we will be able to support each other and use our collective intelligence to meet the global challenges of our time.
Mindfulness as A Foundational Skill
Over the last decade mindfulness training has become an effective tool to support the well-being of employees. We however think that mindfulness has a far greater potential as a foundational skill and can play a central role in organizations.
Habits of resilience, attention and awareness promote a shift in mind and behavior of employees and leaders. Employees feel empowered and leaders become increasingly aware of the effect of their decisions on others. In turn, leaders are better equipped to ensure emotional safety in teams stimulating trust and cooperation between people. This shift in collective intelligence supports organizations meet emerging challenges.
We invite you to a series of exploratory webinars to share our first insights based on working with 15 groups of leaders across Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. We intend to explore the following themes:
- Mindfulness and Resilience in a Changing World - 10 June 2020 - 09:00 - 10:00 hrs.
- Building the Mindset for a New Normal - 18 June 2020 - 15:00 - 16:00 hrs.
- Mindfulness, Trust and Collective Intelligence in Virtual Teams - 26 June 2020 - 11:00 - 12:00 hrs.
- Presence in a World of No Presence - 2 July 2020 - 15:00 - 16:00 hrs.
All business leaders, HR-managers, Learning & Development managers in corporate businnes, government and non-governmental organizations with an interest in the organizational challenges of our time are invited.
New dates will be published soon.
Registration will be possible when new dates are published.